Thursday, April 23, 2009

Padma's awesome chocolate cake

Ever since I started cooking 17 years ago,I have been asked for recipes. Sometimes I remember, but when I stop making something, I forget. I would like to start with one of the first things I ever cooked/baked.This was a recipe that I associate with my college days. No special occasion was complete without this cake. For years I baked this regularly, but after leaving India I stopped. It was only recently that I got back in touch with Padma and she sent me the recipe again :-) I hope to add recipes from all my friends so that when I forget I don't have to bug them. An added advantage,when my sons are ready to cook,they have an instant cookbook!

Happy Cooking!

Padma's Awesome Chocolate Cake
Sauce-
4 tbs cocoa
7 tbs sugar
2 cups milk
2 tbs cornflour
Dissolve cocoa, sugar, cornflour in milk. Cook till thickens.
Cake-
2 3/4 cups oil
1/4 cup water
2 1/4 cup flour (maida)
2/3 cup cocoa
3 eggs
1 2/3 cups sugar
1/4 tsp each of salt, baking powder and soda
v essence
Beat eggs until fulffy.
Mix all ingredients until light. Bake. While warm, cut it into two halves. Pour a mixture of - 1 cup milk, 2 tbs sugar and v essence- on the inner sides of the two halves. Pour the sauce and put the halves together. Pour the remaining sauce on top. Chill for two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment